24 hours in a day is just barely enough time for the things that build up my happiness. I always make sure to have enough time to stare into your eyes, and remind you of how blissful my life is simply because you're in it. There's a spare hour in every day in which brownies or cookies can be baked and dipped into milk. Running a few miles outside doesn't significantly take away from my day, as well as smiling when you come home, cuddling a nosy cat, or laughing at nothing at all. I simply can't fathom not dancing every day, or not daydreaming about white picket fences.
However, there are a number of things that I wish I had time to include in my life. I wish I could remember to put aside time to sit by my window and watch the trees blow in the wind, and the neighbors walk their dogs. I wish I had an extra hour in the day to relax on the porch with a good book, and take in the newly crisp air. Life would be just slightly sweeter if rather than spending time doing trivial things like laundry and vaccuuming, I could just waste a few hours counting on my fingers all the wonderful things that make life incredible, like silly cats, white wine, exact change, flowers for no reason, flowers for good reason, fresh sheets, messy beds, pink lips, strong hands, and the lingering smell of your cologne that you only wear because it drives me wild. If I had just a few spare moments, I'd find shapes in clouds, beauty in strange places, and bother mapping up all your freckles.
Unfortunately, I don't have an extra hour, so I'm just gonna go ahead and let you know, that even though I don't always remember to clean out the fish tank, or put my shoes away, you shouldn't worry too much about it because I only sacrifice those so that I can have time to do the truly important things (and you know I'm prioritizing here; as I said, I'm missing out on a lot!) that I don't think anyone should ever have to live without.

2 comments:
hey sweets, did you delete your xanga? hope you're well. :)
Nope, I didn't delete it. It's just private now.
Post a Comment