Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just like that

Thursday, May 22, 2008  

Usually people appear and slowly weave themselves into the fabric of your life, adding threads where there were none before, and leaving their mark on you, however small or great.

I, however, did not gracefully weave myself into your fabric, and instead made quite a ruckkus as I crash landed into your life, throwing open doors you had closed, and breaking through walls when there wasn't a door at all. The impact was more comparable to bright orange paint splatters haphazardly flung about, than to soft thread.

Just like that, the paint has dried, and maybe with time will slowly flake off.
But even when it looks like it might be all gone, there will always be that pale orange stain left behind to remind you of where I once was, and that you can hold on to long after I've walked out of your life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. 
Some stay for a while and leave footprints in your heart and we are never the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment