Sunday, January 24, 2010

Frustration


I can't remember the last time I cried.

With me, it comes in phases;
I'm either crying consistently over anything and everything,
months of emotions and overwhelming moments
...or I'm just dry.

Today was the first time I cried, since the last time I cried.
I took the day off from work to spend it with him since sharing a roof isn't always enough
...and he's not here.
He's supposed to be helping a friend of mine move into a new house.
But really,
He's moving a friend of mine into a new house,
while a friend of mine is doing something else.
He called me because he was alone, and he didn't sign up for this.
Boxes and boxes around his feet, and a hand cart tossed in his direction.

The last time I cried was when I hung up the phone.
One solid tear slowly fell down my face, into my lap.
and stayed there, helpless and pointless.

1 comment:

bairdduvessa said...

this is a reasonable reason to cry *hug

Post a Comment