Sunday, November 14, 2010

Anchor

The only thing I have control over right now is my body. Everything else can change at someone else's hand. Everything else can spin out of my control. But this, I can hold tightly onto and manipulate as I please. This is all mine. I've been running a lot lately, with no destination. I'm not myself, but I can rebuild.

My whole life I've been holding on to other people to avoid falling over. Even when loneliness has engulfed me, I have never been truly alone... so very afraid of being alone. You were right. You were right all along. I just wanted an anchor, but really... it just has to be me. I need to hold on to me; people will always walk out of my life, and if I holding on too tightly, I'll end up losing myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment