Monday, December 13, 2010

Square One

I'm sitting here with an enormous gaping hole in my chest that I'm not quite sure how to fill. I have a pocketful of endings and closures that are temporarily weighing me down and preventing me from seeing the newness and the beginnings. There is no overwhelming devastation, or really any type of emotional extreme. It just is. My heart doesn't feel heavy, but it doesn't quite feel much otherwise either. I just am. Coasting, waiting, hoping... and trying to keep reminding myself that I wanted this. I chose this. I wanted to start fresh and new, and build rather than rebuild. I am exactly where I am because I made decisions to be here.

I don't think anyone is ever truly ready for this moment. But I don't think I'll ever be more ready than I am right now.

1 comment:

bairdduvessa said...

ready or not, your friends will have your back and should you begin to feel week, we will carry you upon our collective shoulders.

Post a Comment