Monday, April 4, 2011

26 Things I've Learned by the Age of 26

  1. I can always love harder than I dream is possible.
  2. Bad decisions make good stories.
  3. I can keep going long after I think I can't.
  4. Farts are always funny.
  5. I should appreciate the opportunity given to me by those that underestimate me.
  6. The aluminum foil box comes with tabs on the sides that you poke in to keep the roll in place.
  7. Just because someone is family, doesn't mean they should always be forgiven.
  8. Men like women who can live without them.
  9. Drunk words are sober thoughts.
  10. I can tell a lot about a person by how they treat a waitress.
  11. Ended relationships are learning blocks, not failures.
  12. Lying is very rarely ever worth it.
  13. Restaurants just can't do chili right. It has to be homemade.
  14. Almost everything that feels like the end of the world has a 3 year statute of limitations.
  15. If someone can get by on looks alone and chooses not to, they're truly beautiful.
  16. The quickest way to figure out who my reliable friends are is to ask them to help me move.
  17. No matter how heart broken I am, the world keeps on turning and I need to keep moving.
  18. It's worthwhile to be trustworthy, generous and fair. Reputation is is a valuable thing.
  19. My instincts are usually right.
  20. No matter how far in advance I'm given a task, inevitably I won't get started until the absolute last minute.
  21. Age is an irrelevant number; it's people's experiences that really matter.
  22. Working a job I love with people I don't like is worse than working a job I don't like with people I love.
  23. There's nothing wrong with having high standards, and refusing to lower them.
  24. Bangs are never a good idea.
  25. Fear is a powerful motivator. Thank you, law school.
  26. I have a whole lot left to learn.

1 comment:

bairdduvessa said...

number 23 is perfect.
as is 26.
tis a very good list. I doubt i could create one like this.

Post a Comment