Monday, September 12, 2011
Ghosts
Today would've marked 7 years together
3 months since the last time we touched without pulling away
I didn't want to admit to myself when I packed my bags that my decision was final
10 months since I walked out
Some of my things were left behind along with thoughts that I'd be back
The door to our past slammed shut and echoed behind me
Sometimes it feels like 10 years
Other times it feels like 10 days
And your eyes bore holes through the cardboard boxes holding my half of us
Labeled with simple words that couldn't possibly truly explain their contents
"Kitchen"
"Living Room"
"The past 6 years and 2 months of my life"
I never thought that I'd honestly say,
Without you, I'm doing just fine.
Although I still haven't picked up the rest of my things.

1 comment:
i couldn't imagine ever being in a relationship that long, nor ending it. The strength and conviction you show is amazing. I hope that he knows that you will always cherish the happy memories.
if you need anything, i'm always around.
Post a Comment