Wednesday, October 15, 2014

29 Things I Know at Age 29


  1. Happiness is easy. 
  2. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty and you can wear them forever.
  3. I completely agree with Hippocrates when he said, "Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food."
  4. A strong sense of self is an incredibly attractive trait that is unfortunately lacking in many people. I love when someone is who they are without fear of what others may sum it up to mean.
  5. Boredom and hunger can seem synonymous sometimes.
  6. Everyone is just as lost as I am. Some just fake it better. 
  7. The older I get, the more aware of how little I actually know.
  8. Milk Thistle helps repair liver damage.
  9. I can forgive just about anything, except being lied to. Dishonesty is my absolute most hated quality in another person.
  10. Being humble is more valuable and admirable than being better than someone else.
  11. I don't always want solutions; sometimes I just want someone to bitch to.
  12. Treating symptoms is a waste of time if the cause isn't taken care of as well.
  13. Drinking 8 glasses of water every day is a huge pain in the butt, but it makes me feel better.
  14. You can't force friendship. 
  15. Sometimes it is inconvenient to know a lot about something because then everyone else's ignorance grates on my nerves.
  16. Diet and exercise. There is no other way. There is no magic pill. There are no short cuts or cheats. Effort = results.
  17. My parents are the most valuable resources in my life. For affirmation, love, support, financial aid, information, insight, and different perspectives.
  18. Bad decisions make good stories.
  19. It's good to have goals, and it's okay to not accomplish them all. It's probably better to have so many goals that they can't all be accomplished. 
  20. You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat people who can do nothing for them. 
  21. I'm still learning things about myself in leaps and bounds. 
  22. People don't really change. They just become more of who they are. 
  23. A solid collection of clothing staples is easy to change up with the right accessories. 
  24. Writing every day makes me a better writer, and it also improves my memory.
  25. I have a terrible memory!
  26. Someone who truly loves you in the most selfless of ways will let you be who you are, even if it inconveniences them. I have that person and it's absolutely liberating. 
  27. Everybody likes ramen noodles. 
  28. Reading actual books (as opposed to the Internet) makes me feel productive and intelligent. 
  29. It's entirely possible to love multiple people at once. Love is not something with a limit. 
I had this sitting here for a while after my birthday. Now it's 7 months later and I'm closer to 30! ARGH. 

1 comment:

bairdduvessa said...

all great things fruits. for what it is worth number 29, is one of the truest statements ever!

Post a Comment