about aging,
taxes,
dinner,
dying alone,
and whether I'll get out
before I disappear.
I met you
while carrying sparkling balloons
and high hopes.
I was everything you wanted.
You were everything I lacked.
You can’t lock balloons in a dark cage.
There are too many.
Too colorful.
Too alive.
You wanted them
all
to
yourself.
You’ve taken more than I had to give
I still would give you more
Please, take my spleen.
I don’t even need balloons.
But I can’t sparkle
trapped in your cage
afraid of wanting out
trapped in your cage
afraid of wanting out
afraid of being thrown out.
Pop.
Pop.
Pop.
Did criticism kill the cat
or was that love?
Is it love
if it must be earned
through compliance?
The sparkles are gone.
No more balloons.
Now I’m alone
in rooms you never knew
how to enter.
I still wish you were here.
No comments:
Post a Comment