It's easy to feel stuck when day to day routine becomes monotonous. I struggle to remember that what I'm working towards is much bigger and better than the drone of daily life seems to have become. Sleep, eat, study, study, study, run, work... rinse and repeat.
A lady at the fair cleaned the ring Nick gave me years ago in hopes that I'd be enticed into buying her jewelry cleaning products. I was impressed, and thanked her, although I didn't bite. I find myself staring at that newly sparkling stone, and reminding myself that every long hard day brings me one step closer to the bliss I've been dreaming of my entire life. Just one more LSAT practice exam... just one more mixed drink... just one more load of laundry... just one more mile... I can do this. I can. And I am.
Lately when I'm running mile after mile alone with my thoughts, my mind tumbles through the possibilities of the coming months. I used to run and think about love; I'd wonder who would be the one to love me exactly the way I needed him to. Now I think about my career and my wedding day. I want to walk down the aisle and have his family whispering about how lucky he is to have such a motivated and hard working woman by his side, all the while knowing that I'm the one who should be grateful for the man who never gave up on me, and supported me even when we had nothing.
It's hard to get through each day when all these things feel so far away. The sparkling ring on my finger is just the prequel. The millions upon millions of practice exams are only trial runs. Every day is a long and hard test of my endurance, pushing me closer and closer to my breaking point. However, like my ring, there is a sparkling center to life that is easy to forget about with the repetitious buildup. The monotony is honestly killing me... but I can do this. I can.
1 comment:
In terms of the LSAT, I think you might find the new podcast we posted quite helpful.
Post a Comment