Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring


Bold red marker on my calendar marks the end of struggling with contact lenses, and the beginning of a life of clarity and convenience. I've spent much of my life hopelessly blind. Spring has sprung and with it came more opportunities and gifts than I ever could have dreamed up for myself. Law school admission letters have been filling my mailbox, the boyfriend has been filling my glass vases, my belly, & my heart. Although the constant pain behind my eyes from stress and flimsy glasses throws me into dizzy spells of nausea, there is a permanent smile on my face.

All the hard work, all the tears, all the anxiety, studying, researching, planning, writing... all of it will be worth it. The red circle on my calendar marks the day I can see where I'll be spending the next 3 years of my life. Right beside it is drawn a small red heart, by the one I always hoped would spend the rest of his life right beside me. Bold marker marks bold decisions.

I was always lost, and hopelessly blind before. I'm ready to see clearly.

1 comment:

Post a Comment