I'm drowning in my own convictions. Everything I thought I knew is peeling away layer by layer, like an onion causing my eyes to tear up and temporarily blind me. Maybe all the perfect memories and moments were never real at all. Maybe we are always looking at life through onion blind eyes and putting the pieces together in whatever way feels most right when we're reflecting on them. What I always thought I wanted was only an idea of shuffled puzzle pieces that never really fit quite right to begin with. Even a perfect memory lies.

1 comment:
looking back on any situation at any moment causes us to reflect our opinions of it, and like looking through a prism, time is fractured and we see things differently depending on the angle and the reality it brings.
perfection is a myth as are perfect moments but what is perfect is how those moments made us feel when they occured.
Post a Comment