like a romance novel cover
you're the star
wearing designer faux empathy
wearing designer faux empathy
and the love is only two dimensional
despite my desperate efforts
to heat your icy heart to melting
I can't catch water if my hands are on fire
selective memory let you forget
my please and thank yous
and how hard I believed in you
forever only meant for now
but we both agreed to stop counting
the leaves changed and I waited
for you to fly in
and save the day
the month the year
but we are what we eat
and she carb-loaded you with cruelties
gift wrapped with indifference
like an early birthday present, stamped and mailed
and she carb-loaded you with cruelties
gift wrapped with indifference
like an early birthday present, stamped and mailed
that changed its mind
I can't stop choking on someone else's mistakes
long after I've forgotten what you taste like
I can't stop choking on someone else's mistakes
long after I've forgotten what you taste like
I'll never touch
the results of our month long dedication
so please, take all the credit
while I pretend I want closure
and am reduced to continuing to bite my tongue
to prevent from screaming
You were everything
except mine.

1 comment:
heartbreaking
Post a Comment