Thursday, December 22, 2011
Instashattered
Trashcan beers. Trashcan memories.
He erased all evidence, like a crime scene
I spit blood spatters on the sidewalk
from biting my tongue too long
Unsure why I bothered trying
painfully to not disrupt
the person who was painfully disruptive
We become what we most hate
We most hate what we once loved
A vicious cycle of cell phone photography
replacing months of feigned interest
and the unsatisfying comfort of knowing
every outfit that girl puts on is going to clash
with what's inside of her ugly heart
no matter if her perfect Colgate smile
may have him fooled twice, thrice, infinity
I still expected to hear her words from his lips
and leaned in to listen to his sweet mouth
scream silence in my face
Don't worry,
the chalk outlines will be gone once it rains.

1 comment:
and tho we are but temporarily in each other lives,
in flesh
even on earth
the wounds we inflect
last until
we are gone
Post a Comment