I had folded into your arms
Infinity times a million
So when you wrapped yourself around me
Like a silk bow on Christmas morning
I didn't pause to consider if we hadn't learned from yelling
Or how you wished I was gentler
While I wished you were someone else
Thick black eyeliner wings
Lashes for eternity
Glitter injected euphoria gives us false hopes for new beginnings
And I don't care if we crash and burn
Your affinity to fire tells me you agree
I won't tell you the answers
To the questions you're not asking
Familiarity breeds comfort
Forever means until we stop trying
We grew jaded, but then we grew up
Your eyes loved me before your mouth
And you swear the order doesn't matter
God, I hope you're lying
Adrenaline filled heart pumps lust through my promises
We're dancing maniacs
Years choreographed together with the obligatory crushed toes
I'm repeating your name so I don't forget
What it feels like
In case I have to miss you
For another extended period of time
I'd like to apologize for my lack of apologies
But the world is ending and time is precious
Countdown from midnight to your mouth
Let's burn our old pictures, and get over our youth
To live the life we hoped for when we were kids
I'll fake fall asleep in my dress to feel pretty longer
Don't let go.

1 comment:
sounds like you have hell of a year planned.
best of luck to you.
Post a Comment